The Bycoff Group attended The Advisor Group’s annual conference ConnectEd in Las Vegas from October 17th to October 20th. The Advisor Group provides compliance and office management for firms with assets aggregating $500 Billion. The 3-day conference was extremely well attended with over 3,000 advisors in attendance physically and another 2,000 participating virtually. We had the opportunity to meet one-on-one with several key executives of The Advisor Group including CEO Jamie Price, Greg Cornick, President of Advice and Wealth Management, and Jeff Rosenthal, CEO of Triad Advisors.
The takeaways were diverse, meaningful and reinforced our firm's direction. We also gained valuable insights, best practices and training that will allow us to continue to serve our clients' needs with excellence.
- Our youth is a strength in an industry represented by advisors with an average age of over 50 years old. We learned that as a result, many firms are more focused on retention rather than innovation and growth. We believe we are well positioned to be leaders for many years to come!
- Investments increasingly need to be focused on public equities and be thematic. As you know, The Bycoff Group's expertise is central to this core principle and serves as a foundation of our business. The Investment Key Note led by luminaries Kristina Hopper, Chief Global Market Strategies for Invesco and Dr. Claus te Wildt, Senor Vice President of Capital Markets Strategy for Fidelity Institutional made the case for increasing ownership of public equities above all other asset classes with a focus on thematic investments. We feel great pride and excitement to share the support of our investment thesis by such leaders.
- Special speaker Andre Agassi focused on surrounding yourself with a team of people with different strengths. He spoke about how focusing on the positive impact he made on fans and the world helped him reach championship levels. A good example of how winning together often creates more winning. We believe this is the mindset that we should approach our clients and each other with.
- Motivational speaker Ben Nemtin, #1 New York Times bestselling author of What Do You Want to Do Before You Die? highlighted how writing and sharing inspiring goals can make any dream happen, even something like playing basketball with President Barrack Obama. We aspire to help dreams come true!
- We hope these takeaways are interesting and provide insight on the wealth industry.
All the best,